Kuih Makmor--Eagle's style

I have been having such passion for baking lately that, in fact this is my second post about baking within a week. I just have to pat myself on the back for that consistency. Knowing myself, the thrill will past and soon my oven will gather dust until next baking spree.
I have been making cookies on and off over the years, in fact some recipe has been modified that I can not claim this is an original makmor anymore. I called it Eagle's style since those ingredients I used are from the Eagle's kitchen, and the real thing are not available here at all. so here's the recipe:
Ingredients:
3 cups Flour (I didn't measure them, so it all depends on the dough, if dry add more butter and so on)
1 1/2 stick butter (this is not a must, if you think the dough turn out flacky and dry, add more)
2 eggs (you may use white only but if you want it crunchy, use whole egg)
2 tablespoonful Crushed Peanut
Icing sugar or superfine sugar for the coating


As you can see I was unable to find ghee, so instead I used butter, melt them before you add to the shifted flour, add the eggs and peanuts.
Mixed well and ensure your dough is not too dry to work on later.
Shape the dough and form into small balls and place it on the cookie sheet. I am using local oven so, set the temparature is 355F or 180C and bake for 15-20 minutes. If you use small oven, it will be about 10-15 minutes.
Once the cookies is ready, leave it to cool before you coat them with icing sugar or superfine sugar, the texture will be diiferent but it is ok.
And here's serving kuih makmor-Eagle's style for your teabreak. This makmor is unlike any of the makmor I ever made, it might be the ingredients or the baking time that made it slightly crunchy and rich tasting .




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts