Olives at Nexus

Nexus Karambunai is used to be my favourite resort in Sabah. It is a little rundown now, the rooms seem to be dated not to mention it is 30 min drive from the shopping area. I still have soft spot for it, I love the long stretch of private beach and my favourite restaurant "Olives".

It was in 2009 during one of my stay that I decided to walk in to the restaurant, after avoiding it for years, due to the spendy food bill. The interior has this mediterranean theme, vine and tuscan painting on the wall. The mood was romantic, soft music with dim lighting give you total relaxation even after they present you with the jaw dropping bills, It was all ok, because the food was magnificent.
Needless to say, I came back this year in May again, we book a night stay and a table at Olives, we started off with onion soup as our appetizer.
Then husband has some grilled chicken.
I ordered Salmon Risotto. Don't be deceived by the appearance. The risotto is delicious, cooked to perfection, and I just love it!
We thought that after that hefty meal, we couldn't take anymore food. We were wrong, there's always room for desserts, I believe we have creme brulee with ice cream, and it's a good thing that the spoon was edible too.
I couldn't believe we went to this place twice and I ordered the same food both times. Til today, I still have fond memories of Nexus, with the beautiful sunset and wonderful beach and food. I do believe, I will make a point to go there when I come back to Sabah. I might even order the same food all over again!

Comments

Popular Posts